My Favorite Gul Dukat line (from all the other golden nuggets) is

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Goodbye, Major. You and I on the same side; it never seemed quite… right, did it?"

[​IMG]

2. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ You know, the first time I saw that episode, I was wondering if it wasn't "breaking the fourth wall". :shifty:

My favorite Dukat line is between tauning the Maquis who kidnapped him in "The Maquis":
    "Anyone can blow up a ship. Ha! But to look your enemy in the eye, knowing you'll remember his face for the rest of your life, now that takes... a stomach, much stronger than you'll ever have."

and the dialogue with Weyond from "Sacrifice of Angels":

Dukat: A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness.
    Weyoun: Then you kill them?
    Dukat: ...Only if it's necessary.

3. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

These quotes are only great if you see the body language that accompanies the quotes. He and Weyoun used body language prolly the best of anyone in the series

4. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Commander Red Shirt

That's the thing with Weyoun/Dukat and Weyoun/Damar. The lines are great but they always miss the body language.

Here is one of my favourite bits of the series.

"There's something different about you today Damar, I can't quite put my finger on it... it's almost as if you're half dressed..."
    "What are you talking about?"
    "You don't have a bottle in your hand."
    - Weyoun and DamarIt sounds and looks great but without Weyoun and Damar reactions it's nothing much. I mean the last line sounds a bit dull compared to the way Jeffery Combs said it.

5. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

True, and also facial expressions. If you go through Weyoun scenes frame-by-frame, you will see Combs literally uses dozens of radically different facial expressions within a couple of minutes (which is more than can be said for most of the main cast, other than perhaps Shimerman and Auberjonois). A great scene to do this with is the scene where Weyoun is talking to the Sisko in person in Call to Arms, although I'm sure the other Weyoun scenes also bear this out too.

I'm also amazed by how Combs bows & nods etc. to off-screen guests whilst talking with Jake about an interview...it's little touches like that that make actors like Combs among the best of the best actors who ever lived, no exaggeration. :techman: They are also things that make DS9 worthwhile to re-watch endlessly.

6. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

I kind of liked when he blurted out "Oh, anyone can blow up a ship!", in the episode "The Maquis". Just the way he delivered the line was funny.

7. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The delivery of all the lines in the Maquis camp is just awesome. :techman:

For that matter, all his deliveries throughout the episode are brilliant. I love the way he says: "What's that human expression? 'Shoot to kill!' " That one is really all in the delivery!

8. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

The Maquis episode is an excellent demonstration of Dukat/Alaimo being an Alpha Male and hence why he is so successful at gaining leadership positions. :techman:

9. Tallis Rhul

Tallis Rhul Commander Red Shirt

Kira: What do you think is going to happen here Dukat? Do you think we're going to have some kind of...intimate relationship?

Dukat: Ohhhhh... We already do.

10. BolianAuthor

"Now, now, Damar... that's no way to talk about our valued allies... not until this war is over, anyway." :D

11. BolianAuthor

Probably his best line was this one, though...

"A true victory is to make your opponent realize they were wrong to oppose you, in the first place... to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

SolarisOne likes this.
  12. EEE

EEE Captain Captain

In drama, the best bad guys don't think they're the bad guys.