Does anyone else cry like a baby...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by GeneHunt, Aug 12, 2009.

?

Well?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. GeneHunt

GeneHunt Commander Red Shirt

During the flash back scene in WYTLB?

I have to admit I do, like a baby is a bit extreme but I definately tear up.

2. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Jadzia isn't there. After 7 years. So no.

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I did a little.

There's still something else that beats this as a tearjerker scene for me--but it definitely got to me.

4. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I often get teary-eyed during the final episode, yes, and particularly at that scene. Then again, I get teary-eyed with little provocation anyway. :)

5. GeneHunt

GeneHunt Commander Red Shirt

Care to share?

6. Nerys Ghemor

The end of "Ties of Blood and Water." I REALLY cried when I saw that. :wah:

7. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got a little teary-eyed at the end of WYLB, and I get teary-eyed at the end of Duet and at the end of Ties of Blood and Water... I guess I'm a crybaby :p

8. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

No. I think they could have used better flashbacks like not using Worf from a hallucation of Bashir's if I remember right.

9. ClayHefner

ClayHefner Commander Red Shirt

The music kinda kills it for me.

10. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nope. The closing scene with Jake and Kira staring out and the camera pulling back is probably the only moment that I came remotely close to shedding a tear. The only other episode that has that sort of effect on me is "The Visitor".

11. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    When I saw Cardassia in ruins and before that the heroic death of Damar, I must admit to shedding a (manly) tear or two.
    The montage at the end was certainly moving and the final scene with Jake and Kira with the haunting and beautiful rending of the DS9 Theme was the finest endings to any series.

Did I cry like a baby, no but it was an emotional experience.

12. Nerys Ghemor

There is nothing wrong with shedding tears for the devastation of your country, Gul. It shows that your patriotism is more than lip service.

13. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    ^I wear the purple hat proudly!;)

14. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

Tears are a weakness that allow your enemies to sneak closer, because you can't see them as well.

On a more serious note, I always find myself with some dust in my eyes toward the end of Duet. One day I may have an explanation for this atmospheric anomaly's relationship to that episode. Until then, I'll just keep a tissue on hand.

15. Nerys Ghemor

Ahh, but our sight isn't alone...

...given the bioelectric sense. We can feel their electric fields whether they approach within our range of vision or not...

...thus allowing us the ability to release such emotions so that we can move on, whereas our enemies hold them in and corrode from the inside out.

16. KingstonTrekker

KingstonTrekker Commander Red Shirt

Exactly the same here.

I really did not care for the Flashback scenes in the final episode. It made it feel like a clip show.

17. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

Nope, most of the best characters aren't even in them. Ie: Weyoun, Garak, Dukat, Winn etc. Because of those snubbings, I find those montages to be a waste of screen-time.

18. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I offer the most emphatic "YES!" possible. It's like this thread was made for me. :) As I said in my review of the last episode and the series as a whole when I finished both for the first time, that scene moved me emotionally more than any other in Star Trek. I expected to be annoyed about Jadzia's absence since she's my favourite, but the scene worked so wonderfully that I forgot about that.

I've had tears in my eyes for Star Trek on several occasions. The ends of "Darmok", "The Offspring", "The Inner Light", and "The Wrath of Khan" are some of the most memorable examples, but this is the first one that ever made tears actually roll down my face continuously for a brief period. Those other ones just made me a little 'misty'. It was a beautifully crafted scene that really won me back emotionally after the Dukat/Sisko showdown infuriated me with its stupidity.

19. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jadzia's absence really grated in Worf's flashbacks. It made no sense to have Worf/Ezri scenes in his flashbacks instead of Worf/Jadzia. I heard there was an issue with re-using her scenes because she didn't give them permission, or something? :cardie:

20. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

That's correct, but one of the writers also indicated that there was a miscommunication with her initially about the flashback which hurt her feelings. By the time it all got resolved, it was too late, would cost too much, and so they made the decision not to use her.