PICTURE POST!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by firecrackerrrr, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

At the games themselves, probably. Not sure about the city in general. But while wandering around Chicago at large, I'd be more interested in the pizza, not the 'dogs.

As for Timby verbal smackdowns: I'm used to 'em. :p

2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Chicago pizza is delicious. I have a picture of one of the pizzas we had while we were there. Let's see if I can dig it up.

Here it is. This one was from Giordano's. This, and a bottle of Old Style beer, and it was very good.

[​IMG]

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

When in Chicago, eat deep dish.

4. Amaris

Amaris Guest

We did. This was the only pizza picture I had. The deep dish was even better.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Keep those suggestions (of pizza places to go) coming. I'll have to write all this down before I go. :drool:

(I wish I didn't have to go in April, but the first week in that month is the ONLY FUCKING TIME ALL SEASON that the Cubs and Whitesox are in town in the same week! :brickwall: )

6. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

I wish I could try to make my own pizza. I think I wouldn't be to bad. I mean I tried and succeeded in making a mushroom and cheese omlet.(did I spell that right?)

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Well thank you kind sir. Come April, they'll be swimming in that lake. Best part about everything being frozen is that you can take a Lab or two out, and not have to bathe them when you get home.

And bust out the camera more. Take a bunch, post a few, delete the rest. I love this digital camera business.

8. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I love deep dish from Giordano's. There are better places but it's pretty awesome and they're everywhere.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You can even get a decent frozen deep dish pizza from Giordano's. My roommate brought a couple back with him the last time he was in Chicago, and they were wonderful.

10. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

My latest creation...just being prepared for the usual Mets disappointments. :p

[​IMG]

11. SmoothieX

Have they been eliminated yet?

So who do you think the first player is this year that gets a tweaked hamstring that is supposed to be out for 2 weeks and doesn't come back until September?

[​IMG]

12. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Carlos Beltran. I love him very much, but with all the knee problems he has had, this needs to be his last season. I know some other team will give him an opportunity, sad that someone so talented has hid body break down so much.

13. SmoothieX

He's a nice player, but he got lucky by having a massive postseason in a contract year. He's a .272, 28 HR, 89 RBI, steal 20 bases sort of player.

Nice to have on your team, but not the savior of your franchise.

My vote for questionable injury goes to Reyes. He never met a muscle he couldn't pull.

Also, Santana's first start will be August 15th, when they are 24.5 games out.

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Well, most Chicago hot dog stands (in the city proper, that is) will refuse to put ketchup on the hot dog for you. They'll leave a bottle out on a counter for the heathen to do it him/herself, but they won't actually do it to order. I've gone over the whole thing (heavily sugared ketchup neutralizes flavor of the beef, so why bother eating a beef hot dog) many times, though. :lol:

I don't have any recent photos of myself, but here are some from the last few weeks of protests in Madison...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. SmoothieX

^Damn, they really don't like the fact the Packers won the Super Bowl I guess.

16. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

Yeah, love the digital thing. Actually, my digital absence has been for a reason, in a strange sort of way. I just got myself a spanking new DSLR, which I already love a little too much and which is also just a little more intimidating than I would like. But, I digress. Actually, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the damn thing, and I keep forgetting to pull out my poor neglected ol' point-an'-shoot. One way or the other, there will be more doggy pic's soon.

You should give it a shot. I was intimidated by pizza making myself for the longest time, but now do it frequently. I've got a killer sauce recipe. But, especially when you're first experimenting, there's plenty of ready-made sauce available; and you can buy pizza dough in the bakery section of most US grocery stores. I pizza stone is really nice, but you really don't even need one; a regular cookie/baking sheet will do the trick just fine. And it's fun! :techman:

17. Amaris

Amaris Guest

It was very good. There was a place in Gary, IN called "Old Chicago", and their pizza was rather good, too.

18. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

KJbushway wrote: [​IMG]
    I wish I could try to make my own pizza. I think I wouldn't be to bad. I mean I tried and succeeded in making a mushroom and cheese omlet.(did I spell that right?)

You should give it a shot. I was intimidated by pizza making myself for the longest time, but now do it frequently. I've got a killer sauce recipe. But, especially when you're first experimenting, there's plenty of ready-made sauce available; and you can buy pizza dough in the bakery section of most US grocery stores. I pizza stone is really nice, but you really don't even need one; a regular cookie/baking sheet will do the trick just fine. And it's fun! :techman:

Yeah. I didn't exactly get pizza down the first time using on of those cheap pizza kits. But that was becuase I didn't do the dough right, put to much sauce on. I want to learn how to cook fully for two reasons. Un-processed food is better for health and I can save money by making my own bulk meals that last for a couple days.

19. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

I might have posted these already, and if I have I apologize:

Baby Valeris:
    [​IMG]

Me drinking from my Vulcan Science Academy coffee mug:
    [​IMG]

Me, with the other members of the county women's commission I serve on (taken...december 2009, I think? I'm at the far left, hands clasped in front, standing behind the woman with the red jacket)
    [​IMG]

Me in my philosophy class last summer:
    [​IMG]

Me at a birthday party:
    [​IMG]

Mouth full of apple, but smiling:
    [​IMG]

Mouth really full of apple:
    [​IMG]

Mmmm...coffee:
    [​IMG]

Second grade: