Loss of a Moderator

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by T'Bonz, Oct 17, 2010.

1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

It is with sadness that we have to inform the members of TrekBBS that Mallory, a member of our board's family since 2002 and a moderator since April 2003, passed away with his family by his side on Wednesday, October 13, 2010, after a prolonged, courageous battle with illness that stretched for several years.

We invite you to leave tributes, memorials, recollections and well wishes for Mallory -- and his family -- in this thread. Donations are being taken for the family to support his medical expenses; should you wish to contribute in any way or send a card of condolence, please send a private message to T'Bonz or Timby for further details.

Mallory co-moderated with me in the TOS forum for several years and I will miss him sorely. He may have started later than I did as a mod but his laid back style of moderating taught me how to be a better moderator. In his honor, we've created a new smiley, a laid back "redshirt" :mallory: smiley. One of his favorite avs featured a redshirt from the TOS episode The Apple and we think he'd get a kick out of it.