Xindi-Reptilian ship interior questions

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by jefferiestubes8, May 25, 2010.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

I was watching Countdown Ep.#323 today and noticed that the interior bridge on the Xindi-Reptilian ship looked very similar to a Starfleet bridge with the addition of the gyroscope ball in the middle. Does anyone know what circular bridget this may have been a redress from?

I noticed the consoles looked very much like 1960s NASA mission controls or Cold-War-era ICBM launching control consoles. A flat not angled work surface.

I really liked the steam venting out of multiple vents in the floor because reptilians have to have a humid ship...

2. Cornholio

Cornholio Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

that gyroscope was cool. not sure why they had to have it in the middle of the bridge though. seems like they coulda put it in a umm, less hazardous place or something.

never noticed the similarity to any other bridge either. guess I need to take a closer look next time I'm watchin' that ep.

good eyes.

3. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

I think they kept the defiant bridge to redress as alien bridges for Voyager and Enterprise.

4. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I know they used the Viewscreen from the defiant for the Xindi Reptiliian ship, but I didn't see anything else that was extremely obvious from the Defiant.

5. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

They redress consoles etc but underlying stuff is likely the same. Its like with tng the battle bridge double for most other ships bridge for example the Enterprise C.
    Ihadn't realised untill watching the documentary on "In a mirror darkly" how expensive a good set is. That's why that episode was a two parter so that they could rebuild the whole set. I always thought the space battles would be the greatest cost.