Faivourate Starship Class

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Ensighn Slater, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Ensighn Slater

Ensighn Slater Cadet Newbie

Hello, I'm a new member of this forum and havn't used the internet in about five years so go easy on me if I'm doing something wrong:)

As a fan of Star Trek (and any sort of sci fi) I always enjoy the detail that goes into making a really unique ship.

I'm especially fond of the Excelsior Class, a ship that I first saw in wrath of khan and cant help noticing every time it appears in an epesode or movie of Star Trek.

Simply I would like to hear what your favourate class of ship is, from any series of Star Trek.

Thanks
    Ensighn Slater

2. Ensighn Slater

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

So far so good.

I like the Defiant the best. Dunno what class that is. Defiant class? I'm a bad Trekkie because I don't pay attention to such things but I can tell you what color Kirk's eyes should be. :)

4. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You must have the super-deluxe version of Wrath of Khan because my version doesn't have the Excelsior, it has the Miranda class Reliant but no Excelsior.

As for my favourite design it has to be the Akira class.

5. SpaceProg

SpaceProg Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In the middle of nowhere, surrounded by cats.
    I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Oberth and Miranda classes. Mostly from playing the old Starfleet Academy SNES game to death.
    Galaxy looked good to me after I got used to its design quirks.
    That, and the class that the Enterprise-E is (which strangely has slipped my mind...)

EDIT: Sovereign class, that's it.

6. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the Novas.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My favorites are:

Akira

NX

Saber

Steamrunner
    <-- stupid name, though :p

Wells <-- the funky 29th-century USS Relativity

Y-class cargo freighter <-- ENT "Fortunate Son"

Negh'Var <-- Klingon

8. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

NX-CLASS (NX-O1 ENTERPRISE) NOVA/RHODE ISLAND-CLASS (VGR) Constitution(Refit)-CLASS (1701-A) SOVEREIGN-CLASS (1701-E) DEFIANT-CLASS (DS9) & THE U.S.S.ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-J (UNIVERSE CLASS???)

9. TigerOfDarkness

TigerOfDarkness Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The original Consititution class is my fave, though the Miranda and Consitituton refit are pretty close seconds.

10. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

The NX-class is my faivourate. IMO it's a great improvement over the Akira-class, which looks weird and ugly from some angles.
    Another favourite of mine is the D'deridex class (those hollow Romulan ships).

11. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

apart from not spelling 'favourite' correctly, you're doing okay...

The Defiant and Sovereign are my favourites

12. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    The Galor Class battleship/destroyer/attack cruiser etc. A true workhorse for the Cardassian Union.

13. kitsune

kitsune Captain

or Ensign in his username ;)

I like the Excelsior class the most.

14. True Trek Fan

True Trek Fan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Constitution Class..............nothing beats the original!

15. ambessalion

ambessalion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

from canon....Defiant or Akira

from non-canon- Stargazer-class....it's my design but this is NOT narcissism, it's an appealing design....i've designed about 50 starships and the Ibn Battuta is my favorite....

16. Ensighn Slater

Yeah sorry about my wrath of khan mistake... maybie it's time for me to wach the movies again :D

17. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I'd have to say (canon-wise), Sovereign, Intrepid & Defiant. (Non-canon)-wise, I'd have to say the Legacy-Class by Galen of SciFi-Meshes.com.

Oh, & ATOLM's version of the TITAN-CLASS. You should see his Enigma-Class & Tyrannus-Class designs.

18. Saito S

Saito S Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Late 24th century Federation starships are, in general, pretty much my favorite vehicles in all of sci-fi. I've never been able to pick a single favorite, but the Akira, Galaxy, and Defiant are probably the main canon contenders. And though it came out of an era whose designs I don't like nearly as much, special mention goes out to the Excelsior for looking almost as slick as the above three. :D Other nice designs include the Sovereign, Nebula, and Steamrunner.

There have also been many fan or other non-canon designs that have cropped up over the years. The majority of them I find rather meh, but three in particular are very nice designs IMO: the Eximius http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc192/Saito_S/ST/Eximius_Schematic.jpg (which is from one of the Starfleet Command game mods), the Diligent http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc192/Saito_S/ST/66.jpg (a fan design from Sci-Fi meshes by Medjai), and the Vesta (as represented in the Destiny novels by the USS Aventine http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/a/a4/Aventine.jpg. I haven't gotten around to said novels yet, but that's one nice lookin ship.)

19. Sovereign_One

Sovereign_One Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Constitution refit and Sovereign :D

20. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

At least the OP's sentences begin with a capital letter. :p [/smartass]

As for my favorite, I always loved the original Constitution class.