What ever became of the BORG Baby...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by 2 of 10, Oct 18, 2008.

1. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

In "Collective" Seven transports a fetal BORG baby from the Cube to Vogager. In sickbay the Doc show's it to Janeway, and then you never see it again. Does anyone recall what happened to this young Drone...

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

This gets asked very often. Just check the second or third page before posting. Chances are you would find a thread or two asking this very same question :)

3. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

And as I remember, the usual response was that Nelix cooked the baby.
    :D

4. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

I have often wondered that myself. Never could get an answer.

5. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

I tagged a few of them for you from the last 45 days.

6. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

The Borg baby was a quick-fix plot device that was just as quickly forgotten

7. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

The Borg baby became a skilled and valuable member of the Shuttle And Torpedo Building Team, which among others included Lt.Carey, Dalby, Henley, Gerron, Chell, Vorik, Rollins and Samantha Wildman. ;)

Bry_Sinclair likes this.
  8. Chindogu

Chindogu Commander Red Shirt

It grew up and became FutureGuy.

9. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

remember that catastrophic computer failure they had? guess what they used as their central processor? yep, they don't like to talk about it. that's why the computer/ship is tempermental sometmes.

>_<

10. Lucy of Nine

Lucy of Nine Commander Red Shirt

Hahahaa.... thats awful... and so funny.... :)

11. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

You can also use the search function to search the forum without having to scan every page. IIRC, a common theory is that the baby went with the group who took Mezoti and the twins.

12. Odon

Odon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"All right," said Captain Janeway as she glared around the briefing room. "WHERE has it gone?"

The senior officers of the USS Voyager shifted in their seats and looked generally uncomfortable. Chakotay pretended to be engrossed in last night's sensor logs. B'Elanna Torres appeared to find the surface of the table particularly intriguing.

As usual when no one else spoke up it fell to Harry Kim to be the one foolish enough to do so.

"There's a number of possibilities Captain," he said. "It might be a fault in the internal sensor array. I mean, Voyager's a big ship. It could just be...crawling around somewhere."

Captain Janeway turned a cold look on the young ensign. "Just...crawling around somewhere," she said, her voice the quiet whisper of the grave.

Harry developed a sudden fascination with the contents of his padd.

"WAKE UP PEOPLE!" shouted Janeway, making them all jump. "We took a big risk bringing that Borg baby onto this ship, and now you're telling me it's gone missing? That no one has seen it in more than a YEAR? I want answers!"

"Maybe the little tyke's got its own built-in cloaking device," quipped Paris. "After all, it is the next generation of Borg drone!"

"It's possible that the subunit in question was pulled into a subspace whirlpool," said Seven of Nine.

"A subspace what?" asked Chakotay.

"A subspace whirlpool," said Janeway, looking grim. "I got caught in one just before I was assigned to Voyager. Nasty business; it sucked all my hair up onto the top of my head. Took me three years to get it down."

BlueStuff and F. King Daniel like this.
  13. Koinek

Koinek Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's just say Neelix had some interesting recipes he was finally able to try out..... :borg:

14. spoonunseptium

spoonunseptium Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You are officially my favorite person, ever.

15. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

Hell of a note. Baby comes on board and now no one can find it.

I guess that can happen as I keep reading how people leave kids and babies in the damndest places

16. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Voyager tried to adopt it, but then its first word's were "Get Me off this ship" so it got passed around to other ships and planets with brighter futures... The Black Star, Alderon, The Poseiden, The Titanic...

17. Lucy of Nine

Lucy of Nine Commander Red Shirt

HAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHA! :guffaw:

Love it!

18. David Karnak

David Karnak Cadet Newbie

The subspace whirlpool had many other opportunities and obstacles within the erratic ‘Voyager’ originally known as an Intrepid Class Star Ship, sadly, declassified a Second Rate Star Ship, as there was only two ever made.

Shortly after ‘Voyager’ returned home a load of crew members seemed to be missing and never accounted for. This by its very nature was known as TMBB Syndrome ‘The Missing Baby Borg’.
    And appeared to only ever effect the two Intrepid Class Star Ships.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fell through a time hole and became Airiam the cyborg crewmember on the USS Discovery.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  20. A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Right now, I'm having a flashback to Austin Powers.

"How much for the baaaby? .... GET IN MAH BELLY!"

May also explain why Voyager needed to ration the replicators. :)