ST XI badge??

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by hamudm, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I just said that. I was referring to the publicity still of a post-WNMHGB, pre-Corbomite Nimoy above.

2. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems Trekmovie has confirmed that the delta shiled insignia will indeed be in pin form in the new movie. Whether the lumpen mess advertised in the link provided by the OP is authentic is quite another matter.

It also seems that the new unis will have a subtle delta shield design woven into the fabric... I wonder how hard it's going to be to get ahold of that stuff, costumers!

3. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is the part I hate. I do NOT like the 'subtle delta shield' design.

BLECH!

Rob+

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Have you seen it?

5. Dale

In blown-up versions of the Saldana Uhura pic you can, apparently, just barely make it out.

6. M'Sharak

Hmm, looking at the images available online at TrekMovie.com and at StarTrekMovie.com, I can tell that the fabric has a certain texture to it, rather than being a completely smooth weave or knit, but that is all I'm able to tell. Those blown-up versions must be a lot larger than anything I've seen.

Still, I think it looks fine, and would even if it were not adorning Zoe Saldana. Fabric has never been that big a deal to me, though, and certainly not anything I'd get anywhere close to hating unless it was unspeakably hideous in some way I'm not sure I could even imagine.

7. TeutonicNights

TeutonicNights Commander Red Shirt

No WNMHGB uniforms- REBOOT CONFIRMED!!!
    *runs*

8. Dale

Dig this link. It'll probably reduce itself once it finishes building to fit inside your browser window, but you can expand it again by clicking the button in the lower, right-hand corner. Check out Zoe's shoulder and it'll all become clear to you.

9. M'Sharak

Okay, I see what you mean; I can just make it out in one small spot. That's pretty subtle.

10. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if its really on the fabric, or whether one of the marketing types at paramount has subtly photoshopped it in.

I mean, it'll never show up onscreen.

11. Dale

That occurred to me, actually... like a watermark to differentiate between an official and a pirated image. I can see more than one, though. In the pic as I see it the pattern of delta shields is quite clear.

12. M'Sharak

'Twould be a tricky watermark. Try looking at this.

13. Therin of Andor

The report said at least one female is seen in long pants.

Uniform variations for individuality has been a hallmark of Starfleet uniforms since Spock's special collar with side Velcro fastenings in WNMHGB. We've also seen Ilia's Deltan collar on her Starfleet-issue leisure robe in TMP, Spock's black-collared undershirt in TMP, Uhura's skirt in ST III right through to Troi's and Pulaski's outfits in TNG.

14. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not so much a water mark, just a "cool" thing for people like us to obsess over. Bit like the delta shield in the pupil.

15. Therin of Andor

The "Superman Returns" Superman costume material had a tiny repeating \S/ logo pattern in it.

16. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

And that tiny repeating S that wasn't noticeable on screen unless you stopped the film and examined the screen with a magnifying glass RUINED SUPERMAN!!!! :scream::scream::scream:

17. TeutonicNights

TeutonicNights Commander Red Shirt

Or maybe, analogous to VOY and early DS9, some long range or far-out vessels and starbases already had the newer uniforms.
    Would be cool if we saw someone wear a pimped WNMHGB in a transmission or something. Those little nods sure make the changes and "reimaginining" more palable.

18. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I know my eyes are getting weak these days, but why can't I see the same pattern on Quinto/Spock's blue tunic???

19. Dale

I don't think it's there on Quinto's uniform. I haven't checked the original color-washed pic, just the color-corrected version. Maybe it's only on the women? Or maybe, as suggested, it's only there for us to freak out over as a viral marketing move and won't appear in the film?

20. Therin of Andor

It's from the House of Vreenak.