Star Trek XI Forum Guidelines

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Akiraprise, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

I'm sure most everyone is aware that there has been some recent issue with all of the joke and parody threads overwhelming the forum as of late. To try and reduce some confusion on the matter this is the stance the mods are taking. This was posted in the thread discussing the issue by PKTrekGirl, but I'm pinning this to the top of the forum in it's own separate thread for everybody to see. If your joke thread is closed this is why.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

SPOILERS REMINDER - PLEASE READ

Okay, there have been some nice new pictures and new details released, and people are coming here to talk about them. That's fine; that's the reason this forum is here.

But before you rush out and make new avatars from these images, or reference anything to do with the movie in your signatures or in your posts outside of this forum, PLEASE remember that other people may wish to remain unspoiled, so that everything is new for them when they see the movie for the first time. That's fine, too, if they so wish, and we'd really like to avoid hearing anyone complain that they saw X piece of tech or Y character's uniform or Z important plot detail revealed while they were reading something about the Stargates or Doctor Who or whatever election might be being discussed in TNZ or Misc.

A little discretion and courtesy for your fellow board members is all we ask. :)

3. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Re: The Sobering Effect of the Star Trek XI Trailer

A reminder, after reading through the last half of this thread.

This is freaking ridiculous guys. I know you're Trek fans, and I know you're passionate (one way or the other,) about Star Trek, including this forthcoming movie.

That does NOT mean that you can't behave like civilized people. That means, no flaming (fuck off, assholish, intellectual inflexibility) etc.) and no trolling each other to try to get a rise out of your opponent.

The problem that I'm seeing, not counting the flaming and such, is that SOME of you are INCAPABLE of discussing, or refuse to discuss a topic without getting personal.

That needs to stop in this forum. With traffic picking up as the movie approaches, it is intolerable.

I'm lurking in here as time allows. And I'm telling the mods here to crack down. If you can't be civil to one another, you will be warned. If I feel that you don't give a damn about the rules or civility, I have the option to remove you. That especially includes ANYONE who has returned on probation and I see several in this thread. Probation means CHANGING WAYS and AVOIDING WARNINGS.

We have a lot of new people coming in, drawn by the new movie, and they don't need this crap. It happened during the heyday of Voyager, the onset of Enterprise and now it has moved to this forum.

Make sure that you hear me. Because if you're removed from the board, I will do it personally and you'll be gone for good. And that goes for those who continue to rack up warnings as either brand-new troublemakers, or those who have been here for years.

This forum will NOT turn into a brawl. So recognize that I am putting you guys on notice. Behave or feel the Romulan boot on your ass. Because we have until May until it releases and you will NOT wear out the mods here with your antics.

Got it?

Good.

If not, on your own head be it. You've been warned.

Bonz the grouch.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2008
  4. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Guys, I have just punted off one person due to behaviors in here. I would suggest the personal stuff stops NOW. If not, I'm perfectly willing to eject a few more.

Discuss the movie; love it, hate it, but don't get personal.

Thank you.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Trek XII (sequel) and future series discussion

As I'm sure you're aware, this forum is meant as a place for discussion of the movie Star Trek, currently still in the theaters. Once the movie came out, it was natural enough that people would begin to think about what comes next, and for a while, it was possible to steer those kind of discussions into two or three broader thread topics here in this forum.

The problem is that these are becoming too varied and too numerous to be accommodated by those two or three general threads. For that reason, we have to ask, for the time being, that all threads on Trek XII-related topics and all discussion of hypothetical future Trek series be conducted in the Future of Trek forum, which is intended for that very purpose.

Once the current movie has moved on from the theaters and the volume of discussion relating to it tails off further, we'll be seeing the Trek XI forum folded into Movies and a new forum will eventually be opened for Trek XII-related topics. Until that time, please take discussion of Trek which hasn't happened yet to Future of Trek. Threads on those topics which are posted here may be moved or closed, as appropriate.

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.