Trek Remastered Season Two Syndication Schedule

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Indysolo, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

2. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

I can't wait to see how they do the Cage. It will suck to have so much of the episode edited out for syndication as it runs about ten minutes longer than a typical TOS episode.

3. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

And the awesomeness continues...

4. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Good, it is about time we saw it.

5. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

I can't wait to see The Ultimate Computer. :drool:

6. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looking forward to:
    -------------------
    01.05.08 Day of the Dove
    02.02.08 The Changeling
    02.09.08 The Ultimate Computer
    03.29.08 Elaan of Troyius
    04.05.08 The Enterprise Incident
    04.26.08 The Cage

the most, myself.

7. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

I missed the Doomsday Machine first time around. Was that good?
    I'm also looking forward to seeing whether the Deadly Years will feature multiple Rommies on screen at once during the climactic space battle. And yeah, The Cage will be pretty interesting.

8. Nomad

Nomad Commander Red Shirt

^Doomsday Machine was great, I thought, although the commercial edits removed the "Vulcans never bluff" line. Looking forward to "The Changeling" and "The Ultimate Computer."

9. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since it doesn't air until Feb it's a good chance they'll have time to do it justice...even with the syndicated cuts.

10. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

Oh yeah, baby!! That was a great Saturday night (February 10th) at the SPOCKED residence with Doomsday on the widescreen :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Mallory

They did a great job with the battle damage to the Constellation. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with a battle involving five starships.

12. blakbyrd

blakbyrd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed.
    Ditto.

13. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

I am also looking forward to The Cage. Some of the scenes from this episode in The Menagerie were too grainy and the color was too bluish. This was OK in The Menagerie since those specific scenes were images shown in the viewscreen, but for The Cage they may have to do more clean up.

As to the syndication cuts, a syndicated version of The Cage has been around for years. Paramount added it to the syndication package even before they moved the series to SciFi. I think the original version is around 64 minutes, so cutting it down to 42 minutes (or whatever is the length these days) will be naturally more severe than other episodes.

14. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

From the page I linked to in the very first post: "Of special note, the original pilot 'The Cage' will air in its entirety the weekend of April 26, 2008."

Neil

15. Cyrus

It's great if the TV stations have agreed to use a 1.5 hour block to show The Cage. It's length is right for that amount of air time. Even NBC was planning to show it as a 1.5 hour TV movie in case they didn't pick up the series.

This shouldn't be a problem for the TV station here in LA since they air TOS-R at midnight, an extra half hour is not going to mess up their schedule.

16. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^
    You never know - that's 30 minutes of a 'Paid Programming' infomercial they will loose revenue on; and KNBC loves infomercial dollars.

17. Mallory

It might be a problem here where the episodes air at 10pm on Saturday. Stretching it to 90 minutes would step all over the 11pm news which isn't going to happen. Hopefully, they'll start it at 9:30pm instead of butchering it.

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Found an error on there list 'Omega Glory' has already been shown so it should have an (R) next to it and it does not indicating its a new episode.

19. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The Nomad episode could use some tweaks when the probe fires those super-powerful energy bolts at the Enterprise near the beginning of the episode...as well as a more believable "poof" explosion when it is beamed out into space and overloads.

20. Cyrus

As long as the ad revenues from TOS-R match the money they make from infomercials they should be OK. However they would have to deal with disgruntled hardcore infomercial fans whose favorite program is pre-empted for Star Trek. ;)