Star Wars - The Old Republic: The TrekBBS Armada

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Sep 16, 2011.

?

Choose your preferences.

1. I preordered/will preorder and want to join the guild.

36.4%
  2. I have not preordered and/or will not join the guild.

18.2%
  3. I prefer Light Side PvP.

9.1%
  4. I prefer Light Side PvE.

36.4%
  5. I prefer Light Side Roleplay.

36.4%
  6. I prefer Dark Side PvP.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I prefer Dark Side PvE.

36.4%
  8. I prefer Dark Side Roleplay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I am on US West Coast.

9.1%
  10. I am on US East Coast.

27.3%
  11. I am in Europe.

9.1%
  12. Keep the name The TrekBBS Armada.

27.3%
  13. I like to propose a different more Star Wars-y guild name.

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that Preorder has started, I would like to see how many board members would be interested in having our own guild in the game?

The TrekBBS Armada is of course already active in Star Trek Online. So it's logical to have some cross game organization.

We can create the guild before the game launches and be ready and fully formed on release day, ensuring the best possible gaming experience for all TrekBBS members.

However The Old Republic does not have a single shard for all players to join. It will have different servers, and guild preferences will be taken into account where the guild will be created.

So I will add a poll where we can decide democratically what our preferences are.

To have our guild successfully created and important into the game at launch we need to have 5 confirmed and preordered players joined up on release.
    To join the guild you don't need to have preordered however. It will be enough to create your user account as far as I understand.
    You may read up on that on the TOR homepage.

Preferences to choose from are:

Faction

The Galactic Republic (the good guys) or The Sith Empire (the bad guys)

Language

I just take English for granted here, no poll for this. ;)

Play Style

PVP - on a PvP server players can attack other players from the opposing faction in most areas, even outside of Arenas and possibly without giving the other player a choice(?)

PVE on a PvE server the emphasis is on experiencing story and combat with NPCs. PvP should be possible but only in designated areas/zones.

Roleplay like PvE, but here people will most likely act out their characters instead of merely guiding a puppet on strings through the game.

Name
    personally I would just keep TrekBBS Armada, that way cross game players can recognize us as the same group from STO.
    If you want a more immersive name just suggest a good one matching your faction preference. Might do a seperate poll later if Armada is voted down.

As soon as we get a clear picture of what we want to be, I can go on and create the guild.
    If both factions get equally strong votes, enough to support two factions, we might create them accordingly.

2. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Waiting on unbought reviews and a demo before I buy. Bioware's quality has been dropping since EA got it's paws/claws/tentacles whatever on them.

If I decide that it's worth something, I might be interested in a Trekbbs guild, though. As long as it's casual friendly.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I was in the first beta weekend. The one thing I can disclose is that it's a very good game.

4. Timelord Victorious

Release date has been released.
    The Old Republic will launch 22nd of December.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

£8.99 per month or $14.99 USD is the official price schemes.

6. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

You surely meant the 20th of December.

EDIT: My apologies for being presumptuous. 12/20 for North America, 12/22 for Europe.

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

cool I am so asking for it for christmass. and I am voting for galactic republic I want to be a jedi. the force is strong in this one.

8. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see what you did there, Rear Admiral Mikhailovich.

9. sojourner

Already have my pre-order and waiting to hear about early access.

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

SWTOR looks real interesting, but I don't have the time to play multiple games. I will wait and see how things pan out with STO.

If I do join SWTOR at a later date, I will be interested in the guild. I would play Lightside PvE.

11. Timelord Victorious

Nice to see the first votes rolling in. Keep them coming.
    Tehre is a first trend toward light side role play with a split between europe and west coast. That would translate to East coast server as a compromise if the split stays balanced (kind of hope it does, as pure west coast would suck for me! ;) )

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

How does that work? If you create a character on the East Coast server, he's stuck there forever...

Sorry, but for me MMO means MUD. (If you know what that means, you're showing your age.)

13. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was under the impression that modern MMOs give you the option to move characters between servers if need be. Or was I in error?

14. Timelord Victorious

No idea. My first MMO was STO and by extension Champions.
    They don't have seperate servers, they use one large shard.

TOR seems to at least have seperate ones for 3 different time zones and 3 playstyles. That would make 9 servers minimum, I expect more.
    No idea if you can switch toons around.

15. sojourner

SW is a mix of WoW and COH in how it handles servers. You choose a play style you like whther it be pvp,pve or rp, then you will get a list of servers of that type (Wow has dozens of server to choose from) of which some will be in different time zones.

Once in game, SW uses "sharding" to keep zones from getting too crowded, just like COH.

16. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

So each server will have multiple shards? Interesting.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I pre-ordered a CE way back in July. Though currently I'm skeptical to whether I'll actually be able to play at launch.

I found a guild through swtor. People are nifty, but you never know...

18. sojourner

Only when it's crowded. the shards are generated on the fly to balance load.

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

My copy has been pre-ordered for a while now; I plan on my first character being an Imperial Agent; and I'm only interested in PVE. I'm in the Midwest but on Eastern Time, so I chose East Coast in the poll.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm with you. Even I will be on East server. I usually am in games. Times get a bit rough sometimes (i.e. everyone else is ready for run and i'm still eating dinner), but I can usually manage. But even if I'm not in same guild, I'd love be in same server as ya'll.