LADIES:Gaila or Uhura

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SilentP, Jun 26, 2009.

?

Who do you find sexier/nicer/more likeable etc.

1. Gaila

42.2%
  2. Uhura

57.8%
  1. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Both have their pluses.

2. diftorhehsmusma

diftorhehsmusma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i voted for uhura because she rocks the house. gaila is nice, and probably would be more fun on a date, but also apparently has quite a taste for the guys, so one date might be all you'd get. uhura has beauty and more brains that most guys could probably handle. she represents us women very well, i think.

....and, i hate to say it, but wasn't gaila on one of the ships that we see floating in pieces above vulcan? wouldn't that make her, uhm, deceased? :(

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

I'm hoping she was on the Enterprise. Or that she made it to an escape pod. I really want to see her in the next movie.

4. Toruika

Toruika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think they left it open-ended enough, they could theoretically bring Gaila back, if there's enough interest. They might end up doing so through a non-movie related book, however. If it doesn't fit into script for the second movie, don't expect to see her.

We never heard which ship she was assigned to, but I also don't remember seeing a green face in the crowd for those who were there to see Kirk's promotion and award ceremony. It's iffy, but possible.

5. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

M'Sharak et al, regarding "Lt. Syd Downe" :lol: (or flight officer) and whether she's the pilot: I just returned from the movie, and towards the end of her scene, Captain Pike can be heard over the com to say that everyone should prepare for take off.

So, clearly Pike is piloting the shuttle. Straight from the horse's mouth on that. I guess it's such a ubiquitous comment that none of us noticed it heretofore.

6. trampledamage

Well, it makes sense that there'd be two pilots on board, so she's the co-pilot and is doing cabin safety checks (hauling drunk doctors out of the washroom) while Pike preps the shuttle for take-off.

7. Jeri

td, indeed. Speaking of Mayweather piloting earlier, Captain Archer piloted the shuttles sometimes, too.

8. Toruika

Toruika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Speaking of, where was his reading mat'l for the washroom trip, anyway? Severely lacking presence in the film! Some 23rd century version of "She's Just Not That Into You!" ? :)

But yeah, that's what I thought I saw. Thanks for the confirmation! :) I wonder if someone who looks a bit like her will dress as her and tell convention goers to sit down, all over the place...

9. Jeri

You're welcome; I watched her scene especially, since we'd been wondering.

She was a good character; I wouldn't mind seeing her again either. They had many good characters with only a few words spoken.

10. trampledamage

Now here's an idea... Some of us (:alienblush: ) were hoping for a bit of love interest for McCoy in the next movie... I could see something between him and our feisty flight officer... :shifty:

11. Jeri

She's proven she knows how to handle him. I didn't mean that in the Kirk bar-scene sense, but...could be interesting.

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I was pretty sure I remembered his announcement and it's confirmed now by you. :techman: (Just in case, though, for anyone who wants to check, go here and watch CLIP: Kirk Meets McCoy. :D )

13. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not really, I mean it certainly factors because it is one of the things that show her personality just as her other scenes in the movie, but I'd have voted for her on the basis of everything else, anyway. It's really no contest as far as I'm concerned. Uhura has a much stronger and more interesting personality, and she is IMO more beautiful as well (although not as beautiful as Nichelle's Uhura, but close). Look at how Uhura tells off Kirk in the bar, and then look at Gaila's 'I think I love you' -clearly Uhura is awesome, while Gaila is not. :) Gaila comes off as dizzy, while Uhura is smart, determined, and knows what she wants and what she deserves, and she's caring and loving as well. Besides, I didn't even think Gaila was anything but OK-looking until I realized others thought she was hot, especially with the bad green makeup job they did on her. Uhura is the kind of gal I can relate to and have a girl crush on; and that I'd probably be in love with if I was male.

Gaila is not "chubby" at all. But if she's supposed to be incredibly attractive on the basis of big boobs only... oh well. You may say that this is where I am incapable of understanding male mindset, but I really don't believe that's all I would care about if I were male or that I'd feel any differently.

14. DevilEyes

This could be the basis of another poll... Spock/Uhura or Spock/Chapel? Shipper war! :p

I never thought of that, but I like the idea!

15. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They are both Starfleet cadets. I think we can safely assume they are both very intelligent and with an IQ above the average 23rd century Joe.;)

Agreed on the not chubby thing.
    But if there's one thing Gaila does not have is big boobs (as is also evident by the actress playing her)
    A good push-up bra she has, yes.:p

16. DevilEyes

I'm not saying that she's stupid, and I'm sure that a certain level of intelligence is needed to be a Starfleet cadet... however... I'm not sure if being at the Academy is a guarantee of being very smart...

After all, Cupcake is a Starfleet cadet, too.

I wasn't really paying attention in the movie, but they sure looked big on some of the pics of Rachel Nichols posted at the Men- Gaila or Uhura? thread!

17. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

According to my girlfriend, Gaila is "ugly and green".

18. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Uh-oh... :eek:

19. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And ? How is Cupcake not very smart ?
    Because of the bar fight or his looks ?
    Granted, he is a security officer which I suppose does not require the brains of a computer scientist, but still...
    He has to be able to assess situations and people and make some quick, smart, strategic decisions in the heat of a possible battle.:)

Anyway, these folks make far too brief appearances and have far too few lines when compared to someone like Uhura to be able to really tell too much about them.

20. Cassy4

Cassy4 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Wait... so Gaila died?!? How did I see this movie 3 times, and never notice the destroyed starships hovering over vulcan. If she's popular enough though... maybe the producers will decide to pretend she was on the Enterprise. I'm pretty sure she wasn't but looking at the results of the mail Uhura vs. Gaila poll... maybe they'd keep her in to attract males to the next movie? I voted for Uhura, I don't dislike Gaila or anything, but I thought she was pretty, confident, and awesome.