My God, it's full of THREAD BOMBS!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spaceman Spiff, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

just wait till the paint dries then were in for it..,

2. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

THREAD BOMBERS... if you believe the quality of someone's work is sub-par it's certainly ok to (tactfully) offer advice. But hounding and harrassing their every effort seems to have become the status quo in this thread and I'm asking it to finally stop.

I myself am guilty of some of the most heinous acts of photoshoppery ever known on this board. You don't want me to turn the worst of them into thread bombs... but I will if I have to.

3. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I always knew those pictures I posted were going to come back and haunt me :rommie:

4. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

5. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

6. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Ah, yes. When you lack the stones to contest a warning, why not take the passive-aggressive "thread bomb" route?

7. tharpdevenport

It's called making fun of myself. I am allowed to do that, right?

8. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

If you do it, we all do it.

9. tharpdevenport

After two MODs telling you not to, doing it at this point would constitute Trolling.

But feel free!

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Are there any responses to your thread bombs in this thread besides praise or laughter that will meet with your approval?

Because from where I sit, Locutus pretty much summed up my general feelings on the matter, and he did so in a non-trolling, thoughtful, constructive way. Many others in this thread have voiced similar opinions in semi-friendly ways, and now I'm trying to do so appropriately and without attacking or trolling you.

Locutus' analogy to singing was spot-on. I'm a terrible singer. Terrible. Can't stay on key if my life depended on it. So you know what I do? I don't sing. Or I sing to myself when I'm alone. I'd much rather be good at it, considering my siblings all are quite proficient, educated and accomplished musicians in their own right, but I inherited Dad's singing voice and thereby have roughly 3% skill at it.

So I don't sing.

Once in a while, Tharp, you stumble on to something that is marginally amusing. But the rest of these, especially the baseless, clearly hateful, ignorant images attacking Barack Obama, are not funny. At all. I just don't understand how, after so many people on this board have told you why you refuse to listen. Or why, after you have hounded moderator after moderator about it, you think anyone is going to really see whatever quest you're on to prove whatever you're trying to prove should be taken seriously. You certainly aren't winning any friends over this issue though, on either side of the coin so again, I ask, why? After all the tattling to the mods about it here, I have to wonder ... why continue? What are you trying to achieve? You're certainly not amusing many people, so I have to wonder what the point of all of this is?

Maybe you are funny as hell in real life. I don't know. I've never met you. In real life, I'm quite a nice person. You don't know that because you've never met me. The point is, stop. Listen. Read. Understand. Otherwise, grow a pair and learn to live with criticism you don't like.

If a thread bomb you make is not funny, you can't expect either praise or silence. That's not how it works. You might be called on to explain it. But you can't force your audience to like it either.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  11. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Meh...I'm a douche in real live and in here. ;)

Actually...it would be flaming. You continuing to do as you're doing would be trolling.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm going to quote this for emphasis.

Tharp, whether your thread bombs are funny or not is irrelevant to me. But most of the time I don't even understand what they're trying to say! Yet, instead of taking any time to explain your intentions (sometimes jokes do need an explanation), all you do is make another image that I don't understand.

I have noticed you around the rest of the board, and I have never had a problem with you. You seem rather normal elsewhere, but in this thread, I just don't get your motivations.

13. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

It depends. Are you going to click "Notify Mod" when you do it? :p

14. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I love it. And the great thing is we can use it during any change over.

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

16. Captain Intrepid

Captain Intrepid Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks like she has a 5 oclock shadow in that pic.

17. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

[​IMG]

And then this:-

[​IMG]

18. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^Hmmm… so, what do we do with this now:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  19. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, seriously...What the hell ? :lol:

Is this by any chance real ? We live in a crazy world after all

20. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I have seen that pictures as part of an overall collection of military humor photos. Originally, I found that spread through StumbleUpon, so I don't have the URL handy. Glad to see someone's putting them to good use, though. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.